I’m hope you know this. If you do or don’t I still need to say it. What you do and how you do it really does matter.
I’m Sara’s (my wife) best friend, and she is mine:
- She wants to spend time with me, so I make time to spend with her.
- She takes on my problems & feelings, even if I ask her not to. So, I try to be mindful of the way I respond to things.
- She knows when I’m not happy, and can sense when things aren’t “all good”.
- We enjoy just being in the vicinity of each other.
See, I really am her best friend, I have proof:
Even more proof!
I’m thankful for you. My husband, my best friend, my partner in crime!
— design007 (@design007) November 28, 2013
Aidan specifically & kids in general are the most perceptive little beings on the planet:
- Aidan knows when I’m there or not.
- He knows when I show up to one of his events.
- He notices when I make and effort, or don’t.
- He keeps track of me – probably better than I do.
- He knows what kind of a mood I’m in.
Anyhow, the point of all of this, is that we have an affect on the people around us. Even more of an affect on our loved ones. So make a conscious effort to think about how you do things. Because what you do and the way you do it really does make a difference.